The purpose of the Artisanal Master Programme is to provide artisans from various industries with the opportunity to advance from being purely technical experts to being at a master level in their technical field. This will be achieved by providing knowledge in a defined range of business related areas and applied skills. The purpose is furthermore, to provide career progression opportunities and to upskill artisans in business development studies as well as to be mentored by industry experts. The ultimate objective for Master Artisans is to be role models, teachers and custodians of the industry, and to become actively involved in the economy applying the business practice skills in newly formed small business or as employees in business entities.
- Have an understanding of the marketing environment in which your business operates.
- Comprehend consumers and their decision-making behaviour when making purchases.
- Grasp the different promotional decisions that are important to marketing decision making. ·
- Comprehend the different distribution decisions that are important to marketing decision making.
- Apply customer service excellence and create a customer relationship management system that is beneficial to the growth of the business.
- Implement effective business communication both internally and externally.
- Apply systems thinking when creating a company vision and a systems-driven team.
- Use a company strategy and link it to process and systems to ensure effective operations of your business.
- Apply the fundamentals of financial management, basic costing and the relevant compliance for the business.
- Identify and manage the risk related to small businesses.
- Comprehend self-leadership self-awareness, self-regulation and self-motivation to ensure effective leadership.
|Marketing Management (HC1MKT)||2|
|Project Management & Planning (HC1PRMT)||2|
|Human Resource Management||1|
|People Leadership & Team Management||1|
|Strategy and Systems||1|
|Financial Management & Compliance||1|
|Negotiation & Conflict Resolution||1|
Industry Specific Modules
|Industry Technology Trends||1|
|Apprenticeships within the Industry||1|
|Master Class session & Advisory Board session||6|
|Industry Codes and Standards||1|
|Learning and Training||1|
NQF Level 4 qualification, either:
- Senior Certificate (2008 or earlier), OR
- National Senior Certificate as certified by Umalusi (2009 or later) OR
- National Certificate (Vocational) OR
- An equivalent NQF4 level qualification
For more information on the programme contact:
Ms Vongani Manganye
Tel: +27 (0)11 559 1778