Overview of UJenius Club
The UJenius Club is a Vice-Chancellor’s initiative to acknowledge outstanding academic performances by undergraduate students and to offer members additional opportunities for intellectual and professional development.
The UJenius Club focuses on:
- Acknowledging and promoting academic excellence as a core component of the UJ student identity.
- Bringing together students from a diverse range of disciplines to stimulate interdisciplinary discussion and collaboration.
- Promoting the UJ values.
- Creating a social space where UJenius Club members, from different Faculties and Campuses, are able to interact with each other; to build partnerships and friendships.
- Creating opportunities for closer contact with members of the broader UJ community.
- Providing UJenius members with privileged connections and benefits, given their academic performance.
Click here to access our UJenius Club Pocket Guide for more information on how you can become a part of the UJenius Club and what this means for you, UJenius Committees, upcoming UJenius events, and much more.
For enquiries contact us at email@example.com
Celebrating best academic performers: UJ adds excelling first-year students into UJenius Club
On Wednesday, 26 February 2020, UJ welcomed best performing first-year students into the UJenius Club. These are students who were selected to be part of the Orange Carpet due to their outstanding academic performances in high school. The Top Three UJenius Senior Club Members from the seven faculties and the College of Business and Economics received gifts at this event.
Event speakers included Mr Kananelo Sikhakhane, a UJenius Club Student, with a keynote address by Dr Buyi Sondezi (Senior Lecturer of Physics – PhD in Physics). Interestingly, Dr Sondezi is the first woman in Africa in her field to be awarded this degree in the field of Experimental Physics of Highly Correlated Matter.
Watch a snippet of the event below:
How can I get more information about UJenius?
To find out more about the UJenius Club, students may contact their respective faculties, or you may send an email to the UJenius Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
For urgent queries: Contact the UJenius Office at the Auckland Park Campus (APK) B5 Building (Office 145) on +27 011 559 3112
The UJenius Club also uses social media platforms to connect with its club members. If you are a current UJenius Club member, you will be able to join the closed UJenius Facebook Group – this can be done by requesting to join directly via Facebook, or by following a link that is sent out regularly via email. The UJenius Team shares news, updates and important information using this platform.