The purpose of this programme is to give small business owners confidence to engage with big businesses or enterprises, identify and exploit opportunities, be empowered with business skills to plan and manage growth and this will include budgeting and cash flow management issues.
Students should be able to
- describe and explain strategies used to grow businesses or enterprises;
- evaluate the impact of the regulatory environment on efforts at managing businesses or enterprises;
- critically evaluate and analyse market opportunities to retain and increase a customer base;
- describe and implement methods used in managing cash flow to effectively grow a business;
- plan and implement effective operations systems to effectively manage business venture growth; and
- discuss and implement people management approaches to motivate workers towards achieving business venture goals.
The programme involves the following modules:
|Entrepreneurial growth strategies||2|
|Compliance and governance||2|
|Business Leadership Ethics||1|
|Financial Management and Costing||2|
|Quality Management for a Growing Business||2|
|Human Resource Management||2|
|Information Technology for a growing Business||1|
Senior Certificate (2008 or earlier), OR
National Senior Certificate as certified by Umalusi (2009 or later) OR
National Certificate (Vocational) OR
An equivalent NQF4 level qualification, certified by SAQA.
Applicant must be an owner of a registered business; and
The business must have operated for a minimum of two years.
For more information on the programme contact;
Ms Vongani Manganye
Tel: +27 (0)11 559 1778