DAC BURSARIES FOR HERITAGE RELATED STUDIES: 2022
Closing date – 25 February 2022
The Department of Sport, Arts and Culture invites applications for bursaries from institutions accredited and registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training for students who wish to pursue studies in heritage related programmes.
- South African citizenship;
- Letter of admission from the institution;
- Not older than forty (40) years old;
- Outstanding / satisfactory academic performance (academic progress report if already at an institution) or (Grade 12 (if you are a 1st year student);
- Field of study (heritage related)
- Not employed full time by government, state agencies or private sector with a salary of more than R130 000.
Fields of study
- Anthropology (including forensic anthropology)
- Archaeology (marine and underwater cultural heritage, forensic, etc.)
- Archives and Records management
- Conservation of the built environment
- Conservation and preventive conservation
- Collections (cultural & natural) management (Not Nature Conservation)
- Heritage resources management
- Museum Studies or Management and Curatorship
- IKS or Courses that contribute to the preservation and promotion of Indigenous Knowledge Systems (IKS) and S.A. Living Heritage
VALUE OF THE BURSARY
- Study fees: The total amount of study fees will be covered.
- Books: The total amount of prescribed books will be covered.
- Accommodation: R 50 000 maximum amount (NB where applicable)
- Meals: R 18 500 maximum amount (NB where applicable)
- NB: Funds are payable directly to the higher institution of learning
Interested institutions are requested to collate applications from their various departments and submit on behalf of the students by no later than 28 February 2022 to Ms Reinette Stander, Deputy Director: International
Conventions and Legislation, Department of Sport, Arts and Culture, e-mail: Reinettes@dsac.gov.za; or to Mr Maano Muhadi, Deputy Director: Heritage Policy, Research and Development, Department of Sport, Arts and Culture, e-mail: Maanom@dsac.gov.za. There should be one focal point in each institution for the collation and submission of applications. Students are requested to complete the attached application form. Applications submitted physically or via email by an individual student and not by an institution where the student is admitted to study will not be considered. Late applications will not be accepted.
NB: Institutions should please note that their programmes would be verified for South African Qualifications Authority compliance requirements.
Enquiries regarding the bursary applications should be directed to Ms Reinette Stander at telephone: (012) 441-3711 or by email to email@example.com; or to Mr Maano Muhadi at telephone: (012) 441-3622 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please find below the application form which can be submitted to UJ coordinator Ms Precious Ncongwane PreciousN@uj.ac.za the Development & Fundraising Manager with relevant supporting documentation.
- PLEASE ENSURE THAT THIS FORM IS RECEIVED BY YOUR UNIVERSITY NO LATER THAN 25 FEBRUARY 2022.
- ENCLOSE AN OFFICIAL PRINTOUT OR CERTIFIED COPY OF YOUR 2021 ACADEMIC YEAR-END RESULTS. THESE WILL BE VERIFIED WITH YOUR INSTITUTION.
- IF YOU ARE WRITING A DISSERTATION OR THESIS PLEASE ENCLOSE A PROGRESS REPORT FROM YOUR SUPERVISOR ON AN OFFICIAL UNIVERSITY LETTERHEAD.
PRF awards bursaries for BScHons, MSc and PhD qualifications, in ANY field of study
Closing Date 28 February 2022
Applications must be submitted via email to: email@example.com (Insert the words “PRF Bursary Application 2022” in the email subject line).
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form
- ID document (certified copy)
- Proof of permanent residency if not a South African citizen (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, including most recent results (on institutes letterhead)
- Curriculum Vitae, including publications (maximum 2 pages)
- Full scope of your proposed research project
- Literature review
- Supervisor’s written support
- You must be a South African citizen or a permanent resident in South Africa
- You must be studying towards one of the aforementioned postgraduate qualifications
- You must NOT be employed full-time
- BSc (Hons) and Masters applicants: you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60%
- BSc (Hons) applicants: preference will be given to previously disadvantaged students
Generic bursary opportunity from Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA)
Closing date – 28 February
Apply Online – https://gcrabursary.gauteng.gov.za/
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be between 18 to 35 years old
- You must reside within the Gauteng province
- You must have completed Matric in Gauteng
Undergraduate students: you must be studying or have been accepted to study towards an undergraduate qualification at an accredited PSET institution (Post School Education and Training)
Postgraduate students: you must be studying or have been accepted to study towards a postgraduate qualification at an accredited institution of higher learning
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application
ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance to study at a recognised PSET institution/ institution of higher learning (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of address in Gauteng (Water and Electricity bill/ stamped ward councilors letter/ letter from traditional authority if in a rural area)
- Motivational letter (explaining why you require and deserve to be awarded the bursary: maximum 2 pages)
- Disability or medical report if disabled
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed)
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Gauteng City Region Academy directly:
New bursary queries:
Bursary renewal queries: