About UsHome » College of Business and Economics » Schools » School of Consumer Intelligence and Information Systems (SCiiS) » Marketing Management »
The Department of Marketing Management is the home of the MOST IMPACTFUL MARKETING RESEARCHERS IN AFRICA
A recent analysis of UJ research publication output between 2013 and 2018 in the subjects field marketing, using All science journal classification codes, as well as Scopus Data Analysis, revealed that UJ leads the continent in the Marketing field.
In this period, Marketing at UJ accumulated the most number of overall publications and the most citations from publications of any African, as well as South African university.
The analysis further shows that Marketing research at UJ had a field-weighted citation impact of 1.96 (a value above 1 represents performance above the world average) and that 85.92% of the publications involved international collaborations
As a prospective, current or alumni student of the Department, you can feel assured that you will or already have obtained your degree from the leading Department in Marketing and Retail in Africa.
Learn more about the UJ Department of Marketing Management and our qualifications – watch our welcome video click here
UJ Marketing is further established as a leading Department in terms of:
- Offering a full spectrum of Marketing and Retailing qualifications – from certificate to doctoral level
- The number of staff in the Department with Master’s and Doctoral degrees
- Its exceptional BCom (Hons) Marketing Management degree boasting with an excellent student learning experience and employment rate
- The number of staff members involved in industry, international and academic societies and bodies
- The variety of staff specialization areas – UJ Marketing and Retail students’ are exposed to learning from a variety of leading specialists. In addition, the Department has the capacity to supervise Masters and PhD students wishing to specialise in a range of different topics. Staff specializations include Digital Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Mobile Marketing, Omni-channel Retail, Online Retail, Shopper and consumer behaviour, Brands and Luxury brands, Sales Management, Services marketing, Service Design and Customer Relationship Management to name but a few.
- The number of exceptional International visiting Professors appointed at the Department: Prof Nripendra P Rana (Qatar), Prof Göran Svenssons (Norway), Prof Jukka Ojasalo (Finland)
Our research: UJ Marketing’s top researchers and publications
Our popular press publications: UJ Marketing in the press
Our staff: UJ Marketing’s staff members – A diverse group of experts in Marketing and Retail
Our industry involvement: UJ Marketing and Retail industry involvement
Our degrees and courses:
Undergraduate degrees* in Marketing and Retail:
*your 1st degree
Postgraduate degrees* in Marketing and Retail:
*your 2nd or more degree
Short courses and Continuing Education courses in Marketing and Retail
- Retail Practice (for individuals wishing to improve their knowledge of the Retail sector)
- Strategic Retailing (ideal for the middle – upper management working in Retail)
- Higher Certificate in Marketing and Sales (full time and credit-bearing toward Diploma Marketing)
- Short course: Introduction to Marketing*
- Short course: Introduction to Digital Marketing***
- Short course: Customer Experience Management
*Ideal for non-marketers, entrepreneurs, business owners
*** Ideal for non-marketers, entrepreneurs, business owners or marketers wishing to improve their digital knowledge and skills