Finance and Investment Management Olympiad (FIMO)Home » College of Business and Economics » Schools » School of Management » Departments » Department of Finance and Investment Management »
After a challenging 2020, 2021 and 2022 we are excited to announce Finance and Investment Management Olympiad (FIMO) is back again for another round! Square up with 8000 other students for a top spot and become a financial guru. Awesome prizes to be won!
What is it?
The FIMO (Finance and Investment Management Olympiad) is an initiative of the Department of Finance and Investment Management at the University of Johannesburg (UJ), that is focused on encouraging Grade 10, 11 and 12 learners to unleash their potential in a dynamic field.
This year is the 6th annual Olympiad, and it will be taking place across all nine provinces.
The FIMO provides insight into the finance and investment industry, covering exciting topics such as:
- Financial Literacy: Saving and Borrowing
- Financial Markets & Instruments
- Financial Math
- Interest Rates
- Risk and Return
- Time value of money
- Financial Statements
- Financial System
Who can take part?
Grade 10, 11 and 12 learners.
Entries close 24 April 2023.
*There is no limit to the total number of entries per school.
How does it work?
- The Olympiad will consist of two rounds and all subjects will be written on the same day. Learners may complete UJFIMO at no additional cost and it is optional.
- A scope of work will be emailed to the educator and will also be available on the Proverto Website.
- Learners will have the option to write both the papers online or at school.
- Round one will be written on 10 May 2023.
- Round two (final round) will be written on 2nd August 2023.
- Proverto will notify all learners who have qualifed to participate in the second round.
- The Olympiad exam papers (pdf format) and online links will be emailed to teachers one day before the test. If the learners choose to write online they can submit their answers electronically. If the teacher prefers that the learners write the test at school teachers may print the exam and answer sheets, scan and email the completed answer sheets to Proverto, the organiser.
- An understanding of Grade 10 Economics, Accounting and Math is required for the Olympiad; however it will not be included in the provided study material. If you need assistance with Economics and
- Financial Statements, please refer to Investopedia: http://www.investopedia.com/
Download the 2023 entry form here
PLEASE NOTE: NO ENTRY FORM WILL BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT THE SIGNING OF THE CODE OF CONDUCT AND RULES AND REGULATIONS.
Need more info?
Please email email@example.com or WhatsApp 082 853 5030.