All current UJ staff are automatically members of the UJ libraries.
Provide the Lending desk staff with proof of employment and we will create a record for you.
For more info on membership types and privileges, see
Lending Services Q1: "Who may borrow and for how long?"
Lending self service for all the functions that you can do without assistance from the Lending desk staff.
According to an agreement between Higher Education Institutions in South Africa, staff as well as Masters & PhD students can obtain membership to other University Libraries in order to access resources not available in their own University libraries.
This type of membership to another University Library is only valid till the end of each academic year and must be renewed annually.
To apply for such membership:
- complete a Letter of Introduction application form and submit to the relevant Subject Librarian.
- ensure that you have no overdue items or outstanding fines at UJ Libraries
- you will be informed as soon as the Letter is ready and a copy of the letter will be sent to the selected library
- take your copy of the Letter with to the selected library
- adhere to all the rules and regulations of that library