I joined the Department of Politics and International Relations in February 2017, after completing my doctoral and postdoctoral studies at UJ. My doctoral thesis analyzed the foreign relations of South Africa's Gauteng, North-West, and Western Cape Provinces.
I teach the following two modules at the second-year and honours levels:
- Politics 2B: Theories of International Relations
- POL8X02: International Organizations
In addition to serving as coordinator of the Honours Programme, I also coordinate the department's peer support and mentoring programme.
My current research focuses on these key areas:
- Paradiplomacy/city diplomacy/decentralized cooperation
- South Africa's foreign policy and diplomacy in Africa
- Peace and human security in Africa
- South-South cooperation
See Google Scholar for a list of my publications: https://scholar.google.co.za/citations?user=RNJV0e0AAAAJ