About Dr Nonhlanhla Maseko
Dr Nonhlanhla Desiree Maseko is a Lecturer in the Department of Educational Psychology at University of Johannesburg. Her responsibilities include teaching undergraduates, postgraduate students. She is also involved in research supervision of master’s and Doctoral students, and community engagement. Her area of specialization is inclusive education, remedial education and Life orientation. Her current research project focuses on home, school and community support towards the inclusion of learners with disabilities.
Undergraduate:- guiding student teachers in mapping their pedagogical content knowledge to enable critical-reflective engagement regarding the learner with neurodevelopmental learning needs. Also, to guide students in preparation for their professional role as a Learning Support Educator.
Postgraduate:– to equip student teachers with the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary to give guidance to parents, caregivers and any other person involved in the education of children. As well as the skills and knowledge to initiate and facilitate parental participation and involvement in inclusive classrooms and schools.
- Foster Care/Caregiver support.
- Parental involvement and support.
- Family, school and community partnership towards inclusion of learners with disabilities.
- Learner support and Children with intellectual disabilities.
- Learner, teacher and parent support in Full-service schools & special schools in Gauteng & Mpumalanga
- Foster care