BursariesHome » College of Business and Economics » Schools » School of Consumer Intelligence and Information Systems (SCiiS) » Marketing Management » UJ Wholesale and Retail Seta Chair Gauteng »
Call for Applications – W&R SETA UJ Postgraduate Student Funding for Master’s and Ph.D. studies – (2023)
- Are you passionate about Retail?
- Do you currently hold an Honours or Master’s degree in the field of Marketing or Retail?
- Are you currently in the process of completing a Master’s or Ph.D.?
- If your answer is yes – Apply TODAY for a W&R SETA Leadership Chair: Gauteng Masters and Doctoral bursary.
The University of Johannesburg in partnership with the W&R SETA is hosting the Wholesale & Retail Leadership Chair of Gauteng. The W&R SETA aims to facilitate the skills development needs of the Wholesale and Retail (W&R) sector through the implementation of learning programmes, disbursement of grants / bursaries and monitoring of education and training.
About the Bursary
The Postgraduate bursary is open to students who intend to pursue Master’s and Ph.D. studies OR who are currently enrolled for Master’s and Ph.D. studies. Preference is given to research in the following areas:
- Wholesale and Retail
- Retail Business Management
- Retail Marketing
- Wholesale Business Development
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria to be considered:
- South African Citizen / Permanent Resident
- For Master’s degree studies: Must hold an Honours degree in Marketing or Retailing with a minimum of 60% for Research Methodology on NQF level 8 and an overall degree average of 60% or higher;
- For Ph.D. degree studies – must hold a Master’s degree in the subject field of Marketing or Retailing where the candidate obtained a minimum of 65% for his/her Master’s AND a minimum of 60% for
- Research Methodology on NQF level 8
*Approved Master’s or Ph.D. proposal with a focus on the preference areas above (see new enrolments below)
- Proof of formal registration at the University of Johannesburg
The bursary will cover the full cost of annual study fees, with monies available to cover data collection and language editing as well.
How to Apply: NEW Enrolments
Visit the UJ Department of Marketing Management website and follow the full application procedure on the Master’s and Ph.D. webpage and submit ALL required documentation by 31 October of the year of application.
*If your proposal is accepted by the Department Research and Ethics Committee (DREC), send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be contacted with all the necessary documentation to complete to apply for the bursary.
How to apply – CURRENT Master’s and Ph.D. students
Download and complete the “Masters and Doctoral bursary application” form here:
WRSeta UJ Masters and Doctoral Bursary – Application form
Submit ALL documentation as outlined in point 5 of the document to be downloaded above.
Kindly submit the application electronically via email to email@example.com the email subject: WRSETA Postgraduate Bursary Application – Your Full Name.
31st July 2023 for current M & D students
31st October 2023 for new M & D Enrolments*
For any queries related to this bursary program, please contact: