Attention Top Achievers
Find out what the ORANGE CARPET REWARDS PROGRAMME is all about and how to qualify.
here to see degree/diploma programmes on offer in 2018
Important information - New applicants
- The university requires all undergraduate entrants to write the National Benchmark Test (NBT). More information as to dates, venues, tests, registration, and costs is available from the NBT website at
- In the case of applicants re-writing Grade 12 subjects, applications will be processed on the current results available. If Grade 12 has been written more than once then your combined results must be submitted with your application.
- Applicants writing the National Senior Certificate (NSC) through IEB or SACAI examining bodies can apply online by selecting "National Senior Certificate" under the Results Detail page of the online application process.
- Applicants currently in Grade 12 may be requested to provide certified copies of final Grade 11 results for verification and auditing purposes.
- Applicants may only apply for two study choices. These study choices can't be amended once they have been chosen.
- Knowing the qualification requirements will avoid disappointment when applying. Therefore, ensure you consult with the 2017 Undergraduate Prospectus when completing your application.
Important information - Re-applicants/Transfer applicants/Senior applicants
Checklist for applying
- Applicants may only apply for two study choices. These study choices may not be amended once they have been chosen.
- Applicants already in possession of a UJ student number must use their existing student number when applying.
- To verify or update your cell number/email details - contact the UJ Call Centre on 011 559 4555. Applicants transferring from another university/tertiary institution are required to upload a full academic record/transcript and degree/diploma certificate (if applicable). Please refer to "Document upload requirements when applying online" below for more information on uploading of documents.
- If you forgot your pin then select "Request a PIN" using your existing UJ student number. A PIN will be sent to you via email. Thereafter, login using your student number and PIN provided.
- Valid email address (Gmail or
Yahoo mail account).
- Have the requirements for study choices been met (see prospectus).
- If residence is required then a deposit of R1220 must be paid.
- Certified and individually scanned documents if completed Grade 12 (see process below). Document upload requirements when applying online (not applicable to applicants currently in grade 12 or internal transfer/Senior applicants):
- All documents must be certified When uploading documents, ensure that the scanned file is a maximum of 512KB, and that all documents are scanned in any of the following types – tiff, pdf, jpg or gif
- Each document must be scanned and uploaded as separate attachments
- Alternatively, documents can be emailed to
email@example.com with the provisional reference/student number noted in the subject line of the email.