Home » Sports »
Athlete Support Unit
The Unit’s role is to provide the following services to the Student-Athlete and coaching staff:
- Identify the scope of Sport Science, medical and rehabilitation needs within the High-Performance sporting codes along with Coaches and Managers
- Implement an Athlete support programme with the medical services as per the High-performance sporting code’s needs.
- Manage the execution and progress of the periodized plan within each high-performance sporting code to and adjust as necessary to ensure success.
- Meet with coaches and sport managers to identify the specific needs for the sporting code leading up to major tournaments such as USSA, Varsity Sport tournaments.
- Providing Sport Psychology and Academic Advice to the Student-Athletes.
- Training Facilities through the Gymnasiums
- Ms Marianne Viljoen, Senior Manager: Athlete Support Unit
- 011 559 3362