The unit’s role with in the Athlete Support is to provide the following services to the Student-athlete and coaching staff:
- Identify the scope of Sport Science needs within the High Performance sporting codes along with Coaches and Managers
- Implement an Athlete support programme with the medical services as per the high performance sporting code’s needs.
- Manage the execution and progress of the periodized plan within each high performance sporting code to and make adjustments as necessary to ensure success.
- Meet with coaches and sport managers to identify the specific needs for the sporting code leading up to major tournaments such as USSA, Varsity Sport and regional tournaments.
Daily services provided throughout the season:
- Sport specific testing & analysis of data
- Strength & conditioning gym based sessions
- Field strength & conditioning sessions
- Support services at league matches and tournaments
- Programme design and implementation
- Injury prevention and management
- Provide recovery modalities
Minky Tshabalala, Manager: Sport Science
011 559 7788