Professor In Business, Economic and Accounting History
Name: Grietjie Verhoef
Location: A-536 Auckland Park Kingsway Campus
College of Business and Economics, Department of Accountancy Staff, Faculties, School of Accounting Staff Members
Tel: +27 (0) 11 559 2008 / +27 82 3033825
Email: email@example.comCurriculum Vitae Grietjie Verhoef
About Prof Grietjie Verhoef
- D Litt et Phil – Randse Afrikaanse Universiteit (RAU)1987
- MA; History RAU 1983
- BA Hons (History) 1979 (Economics) 1992
- BA Political Sciences 1978
- Business History in Africa and South Africa
- Insurance history in Africa and South Africa
- Financial history, money and credit extension in Africa and South Africa
- Economic history of southern African territories, 1850-1910. GDP data reconstruction.
- Globalisation and Foreign Direct Investment into the Commonwealth
- National Research Foundation Rated researcher, 2012 to present (C1)
Publications and projects
- Member of the international editorial board of Business History. (Taylor & Francis)
- Member of the international editorial board of Accounting History. (Sage)
- Member of the international editorial board of Economic History of Developing Regions. (Taylor & Francis).
- Member of the international editorial board of Essays in Business and Economic History.
- Member of specialist review panel for : Business History Review; Historia; Journal of Contemporary History; Enterprise and Society
Alice Teichova Award for international Business HistoryResearch collaboration
- International work Group on Insurance History. ‘Risk and the insurance business in history – an international research agenda’.
- New perspectives in comparative studies on State owned enterprises: Prof Andrea Colli, Bocconi University; P Nevalainen, Jyväskylä, Finland.
- FDI into Commonwealth markets