Find books, articles & more
Find Information resources
- Do an all-in-one search using UJoogle – find books, journals, articles and more.
- Visit the the database list to find databases, articles, e-books and e-journals.
- Search the Library catalogue – UJLink for print and online books and journals
- Search the A to Z Journal list/Full Text Finder for online journals.
- The Course Reserves gives access to materials reserved for a specific course. This can be prescribed books, recommended chapters, etc. You can access materials for this course by typing the course name, course code, or by searching using your lecturer’s name. To access, go to the catalogue, Select “Course reserves” and follow the prompts. E-course reserves (digital items) can be downloaded or printed. For more information on course reserves (print or electronic) see Lending services – Question 16
- Previous Exam papers can be found here: Online Exam Papers
- Online UJ Theses and Dissertations can be found in the UJ IR. The UJ Institutional Repository collects and maintains intellectual scholarship such as published journal articles (pre-print and post-print), conference papers and proceedings, data sets, reports, and theses and dissertations.
Contact your subject librarians if you still need help.
Tips & Tools to help you find Information
- Online Information Literacy Module: English, isiZulu and Sepedi
The online Information Literacy Module, teaches you how to identify when you need information, strategise how to search and find information relevant to your
information needs, evaluate information and apply information effectively.
- Online Library training sessions and video tutorials
Online library training sessions and videos on how to access and use the library resources are available here.
For help on how to find and download e-books visit this Online Books LibGuide
- Lean Library
The Lean Library is a browser plug-in that allows you easy access to the electronic resources of the UJ Library when doing a Google or Google Scholar search. Access Library content wherever and whenever you need it. Visit this Lean Library Libguide for more information, how to download it and instructional videos.
- Library Guides
Subject specific LibGuides can be found here.
Library guides on various topics, including plagiarism, copyright, e-books, OpenAthens, Lean Library and more can be found here (select The UJ Library group).
For assistance with Referencing, visit these guides; Refworks or Mendeley.
As a quick ‘help you’, the interactive Harvard reference style guide will help you when you have to reference a specific source.
- The UJ Library App
The UJ Library App is your one-stop-shop that connects you to all the library resources. Watch this video on how to download the free Library App to your mobile phone:
- Library glossary
The library glossary will help you familiarise yourself with library terminology and make the use of the library easier.
- Plagiarism and Copyright
Plagiarism is a serious offence, as is Copyright violation. Your faculty subject guides and the online information literacy module will shed light on these two serious topics Try this plagiarism game – you will learn about plagiarism while having fun!
How to access online Library resources (on the Database list)
Access management is either via WAM or via OpenAthens. If it is via OpenAthens there will be a note next to the Database title in the Database list.
1. WAM Access to Online Library Services/Resources (Online databases, “My UJLink”, UJoogle, Electronic Course Reserves and Interlibrary Loans)
- Use your UJ Email password and your UJ student number (Campus Option) OR
- Use the current Library Option (i.e. Surname, UJ ID & Library PIN)
2. OpenAthens Access to Online Resources (some online databases, UJoogle):
Access online Library resources by using your UJ username (Staff) or UJ student number, and your UJ Email password.
For more information on access using OpenAthens, visit this OpenAthens Guide.