Advanced Certificate in Medical Rescue
Reimagine Your Future with An Advanced Certificate in Medical Rescue
This course focuses on equipping healthcare professionals with the required knowledge, skills, and attributes to participate in a multi-disciplinary approach to the rescue of victims and patients in a range of urban, wilderness and aquatic rescue settings.
Registered healthcare professionals with the Health Professions Council of South Africa or similar registering authority in the case of international applicants whom:
- Hold a recognised NQF level 5 or higher education qualification in Emergency Medical Care that facilitates articulation and access into the Advanced Certificate in Medical Rescue OR
- Are registered as an Ambulance Emergency Assistants or Critical Care Assistants, who have obtained a Grade 12 with Diploma endorsement.
Applicants may enter the programme using UJ’s RPL criteria.
Applicants who meet the criteria, must also pass:
- A structured interview
- South African Civil Aviation Authority (SACAA) Class II Cabin Crew Medical Assessment (or equivalent)
- Physical fitness assessment including swimming proficiency
- Acrophobia and claustrophobia testing
- English proficiency assessment
Senior Certificate (prior to 2009) with University Exemption, or its equivalent (NQF Level 4), as determined with an M-Score of 10 with a minimum E symbol on Higher Grade or a D symbol on Standard Grade pass in English, Mathematics, Biology/Physiology or Physical Science.
- National Senior Certificate with Diploma Endorsement must meet the Minimum APS: 21
- Language of Teaching and Learning (English): 4
- Mathematics: 4
- Physical Sciences: 4
- Life Sciences: 4