General Information for School Workshops
The TechnoLab specialises in presenting technology workshops to school learners. The workshops are designed to have a healthy balance between practical and theoretical concepts, where all workshops end with a design challenge to stimulate the learner’s creative thinking.
- Technology and the Design Process
- Wheels and Axles
- Forces and Structures
- Mechanisms Part 1 ( Motion , Levers, Linkages)
- Mechanisms Part 2 (Gears, & Gear Ratio)
- Mechanisms Part 3 ( Belt Drives, Chain Drives & Lifting Systems)
- Pneumatics and Hydraulics
- Introduction to Electricity ( Gr 4-6)
- Exploring Electricity ( Gr 7-9)
- Energy (Potential and Kinetic Energy)
- Energy ( Storage)
- Energy (Renewable)
- Focus on Climate change
- Our Carbon Footprint
- The Nasa Space Shuttle Program
- Fly with Google Earth
- Find information – Internet Search Challenge
All of the above topics can be ammended to suit FET phase learners.
We can also assist you with Engineering Graphics and Design learners.
Please contact us in this regard.
- Each workshop lasts approximately three hours.
- A mandatory 15 min break is scheduled midway through the workshop.
- All workshops are presented in either English or Afrikaans
- Workshops are presented at the Technolab only.
- The maximum number of learners per group is 36. More than 36 learners should be divided into more groups.
- The total number of groups that can be accommodated at the same time vary according to resources available and must be confirmed with the TechnoLab.
- Workshops are presented during the mornings on weekdays during normal school terms.
- Holiday Clubs are hosted during school holidays. Different rates apply.
- Teachers are expected to sit in for the complete duration of workshop.
- All workshops can be presented on different levels of difficulty to comply with Junior and Senior Phase Science & Technology syllabi
- Our workshops are presented at R1500 per group of 36 learners.
- Please contact us to make a booking.