Home School Workshops
General Information for Home School Workshops
The TechnoLab specialises in presenting technology workshops to school learners. the workshops are designed to have a healthy balance between practical and theoretical concepts, where all workshops end with a design challenge to stimulate the learner’s creative thinking.
- Technology and the Design Process
- Wheels and Axles
- Forces and Structures
- Levers and Linkages
- Pneumatics and Hydraulics
- Potential and Kinetic Energy
- Renewable Energy
- Each workshop lasts approximately three hours.
- A mandatory 15 min break is scheduled midway through the workshop.
- All workshops are presented in either English or Afrikaans.
- The maximum number of learners per group is 36. More than 36 learners should be divided into more groups.
- The total number of groups that can be accommodated at the same time vary according to resources available and must be confirmed with the TechnoLab.
- Workshops are presented on days and times that suit you (subject to Technolab’s availability).
- Workshops are charged at a fee per group (max. 36 students per group).
- Each workshop presented at the TechnoLab – R1500.00 per group.
Please note: Should a parent wish to organise groups to attend workshops, that parent will take the responsibility of coordinating the various parents and should also handle all money related issues. The TechnoLab accepts payment per workshop, not per learner.