Athlete Support Unit
The Unit provides service to the seven-high performance-sporting codes and five additional competitive codes, in terms of tournament preparation and ensuring the athletes perform at the optimal level on the field as well as academically.
The Unit's role is to provide the following services to the Student-Athlete and coaching staff:
- Identify the scope of Sport Science, medical and rehabilitation needs within the High-Performance sporting codes along with Coaches and Managers
- Implement an Athlete support programme with the medical services as per the High-performance sporting code's needs.
- Manage the execution and progress of the periodized plan within each high-performance sporting code to and adjust as necessary to ensure success.
- Meet with coaches and sport managers to identify the specific needs for the sporting code leading up to major tournaments such as USSA, Varsity Sport tournaments.
- Providing Sport Psychology and Academic Advice to the Student-Athletes.
- Training Facilities through the Gymnasiums
Ms Marianne Viljoen, Senior Manager: Athlete Support Unit
011 559 3362