Nonhlanhla Desiree Maseko is a Lecturer in the Department of Educational Psychology at University of Johannesburg. Responsibilities include teacher training, postgraduate supervision, research and community engagement Her areas of interests are Foster Care/Caregiver support, Parental involvement and support, Children with intellectual disability in Foster care system Remedial Education and Learner support. She has presented conference papers on these subjects locally and abroad and published articles and book chapters on topics such as Parental involvement, in an ecosystemic context, the role of the facilitator in focus group research, and reflective research practice.
Lecturer in Educational Psychology
- FSM20B2 (Teaching Methodology and Practicum 2B)
- MPFLOY1 (Methodology Life Orientation)
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION:|
- Inclusive Education
- Life Orientation
- Remedial Education
- I have supervised 4 Masters students until completion from 2010-2012
- Currently I am supervising 5 Masters students of which 2 have submitted for external examination
- Supporting teachers to implement inclusive education in Kwaluseni District ,Swaziland
- The challeges experienced by teachers in identifying learners who experience barriers to learning in a rural full-service school in KwaZulu-Natal
- Stategies to address auditory perceptual deficits in a school of skills in the northern suburb of Cape
- Providing support to grade 10 learners to improve academic performance at Kwa-Mhlanga circuit, Mpumalanga
Currently I am supervising 6 M.Ed. and Co supervising 2 PhD students
|Community engagement projects.|
- Supporting young offenders in prison's school and helping teachers to adapt the curriculum to meet students' needs.
- Facilitating workshops for teachers.
- I am also involved in special schools for learners with learning disabilities, providing support to teachers, learners and parents.
- Curriculum adaptation to accommodate diverse needs of learners with learning disabilities.
- Facilitating workshops for parents on how they can be involved in schools.
- PRAR Netherland Nov 2005
ISFTE Conference Brazil 2010
- Teacher at Distant Learning Mpumalanga 2012
- AEDA Cape Town 2015
- The 26th World ICDE Conference Growing capacities for sustainable distance e-learning provision Sun city 2015
|Book chapters contributed|
- Realigning Teacher Training in the 21st Century. Editors: MD Magano;SJ Mohapi; D Robinson
- Intergrating Multicultural Education into the Curriculum for Decolonisation Benefits and Challenges
Editors: Lloyd Daniel Nkoli Tlale; Thabo Makhalemele
Nova science publishers New York
- Handbook for Grade R Teaching Edited by R Davin Pearson ISBN 978-1-77578-329-9
- Including the Excluded: Teaching the Vulnerable in the 21st Century Edited by MD Magano and U Ramnarain Pearson
- Educational Psychology and Teaching Children About Health,1st Edition Editors: Estelle Weinstein,Efrem Rosen Mncedisi Maphalala, Ramodungoane Tabane Cengage Learning ISBN 978-1-4737-0918-8
- Life line counseling
- Seven Habits of Highly Effective People
- Facilitating Creative Arts in ECD and Foundation phase
- Outcomes-Based Education and implementation of the Revised National Curriculum Statement in the Foundation Phase
- Principles of Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- Personal and Professional Leadership
- Assessor course and now a registered ASSESSOR (with ETDP SETA)
- Advanced short course in conducting Outcomes-Based Assessment in Higher Education and Open Distance Learning.