UJ Student Finance “need to know” processes before registration
Student Finance will not be taking Cash or Card payments on any of our campuses. Cash accepting ATM’s is readily available, on all campuses.
Credit Card Payment:
A.O.D (Acknowledgement of Debt Application):
Minimum of 50% Deposit payable –
First installment on University accounts for all students, excluding students whose full fees are paid by sponsors or employers, have to pay the following minimum amounts
prior or on the date of academic registration.
- Day students (tuition fees) – All students not residing in the residences – R5 560.00
- Residence students – Only students with acceptance letters from residences – R9 270.00
- Students owing previous fees – Students owing for previous debt will be required to do Acknowledgement of debt and be required to pay 50% of their outstanding fees prior to being allowed to register.
All students whose fees are paid by sponsors/employers will be allowed registration without the first minimum payment. On registration, they must hand in at the Bursaries Department
written proof of the bursary awarded for the year of study. Students will not be allowed to register if the previous year’s fees have not been paid in full.
SRC Trust Fund:
- Applications of SRC Trust Fund are done on line.
- Students approved by SRC Trust Fund Will be automatically unblocked if they do not have historical debt.
- Students with historic debt will be required to follow the Acknowledgement of debt process before they are unblocked
- Applications – https://apps.uj.ac.za/StudentLifeAndGovernance
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS):
We are currently awaiting for the finalisation of NSFAS results. We will send communication to all funded students to proceed with online registration once the list is finalised
- 1st Year NSFAS students will not be required to pay the Minimum Payment
- Senior Students with outstanding debt will be required to follow the AOD (Acknowledgement of Debt) process prior to being unblocked to register
You can access an e-stamped financial statement via u-Link – https://ulink.uj.ac.za/Default
Online refunds are closed and will re-open 4th March 2024.
Meet MoUJi, UJ’s digital assistant at the bottom right of our webpage by clicking on ‘CHAT NOW’. You can ask MoUJi questions related to Student Finance and other administration matters.
For more information, please visit the UJ website
Thanking you in advance for your patience.