About Prof Fiona Tregenna
PhD (Economics) – University of Pretoria
MCom Econometrics (Coursework and dissertation) – University of Pretoria
BCom (Honours) Economics – University of Pretoria
Most Recent Publications
- Balcilar, M., Uwilingiye, J and Gupta, R. “Dynamic Relationship between Oil Price and Inflation in South Africa.” (Forthcoming in Journal of Developing areas).
- Gupta, R., Mampho, P.M and Uwilingiye, J. (2015). “Out-of-Sample Equity Premium Predictability in South Africa: Evidence from Large Number of Predictors.” Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Vol 51:1-
- Gupta, R., Kabundi, A., Miller, S.M and Uwilingiye, J. (2014). “Using Large Data Sets to Forecast Sectoral Employment.” Statistical Methods and Applications, Vol 23(2):229-264
- Gupta, R and Uwilingiye, J. (2012). “Comparing South African Inflation Volatility across Monetary Policy Regimes: An Application of Saphe Cracking.” The Journal of Developing Areas, Vol 46(1):45-54.
- Gupta, R and Uwilingiye, J. (2010). “Evaluating the Welfare Cost of Inflation in a Monetary Endogenous Growth General Equilibrium Model: The Case of South Africa.” International Business and Economics Research Journal, Vol. 9(8): 101-111.
- BEPA and South African Reserve Bank Research Prize for achievement in Economic Research at Doctoral level, University of Pretoria, 31st of May 2011.
- Meritorious Performance in Economics 1st Placed in the PhD year of study for 2010, 31st May 2011.