Name: Beatrice Simo-Kengne
Location: D Ring 220 Auckland Park Kingsway Campus
College of Business and Economics, PEERC Staff, School of Economics Academic Staff Staff Members
Tel: +27 (0)11 559 4002
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgCurriculum Vitae Beatrice Simo-Kengne
About Prof Beatrice Simo-Kengne
I am a professor at the School of Economics at the University of Johannesburg, South Africa. I hold my PhD in Economics that I obtained from the University of Pretoria, and Masters in Monetary and Banking Economics, Economics and Financial Economics respectively from the University of Douala, Cameroon, University of Pretoria and University of Johannesburg, South Africa. I have taught macroeconomics, panel econometrics, time series econometrics mathematics for economists and have facilitated a number of Econometrics and quantitative research workshop trainings. Many Master’s and PhD students have completed their degrees under my guidance. My research interests lie in the fields of development economics- including but not limited to- housing, asset prices, agriculture, environment, performance evaluation, risk management, gender, health and trade. I am alumna of the World Academy of Sciences/DFG, affiliate of the African Academy of Sciences and serve as mentor for the ClimapAfrica programme of the German Academic Exchange Services, member of the Climate change and agriculture and rural development working group.
I live by Philippians 4:13: “I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me”
PhD Economics – University of Pretoria
MCom Monetary and Banking Economics – University of Douala
MPhil Economics – University of Pretoria
MCom Financial Economics – University of Johannesburg
BCom Honours Economic Mathematics and Econometrics – University of Douala
BCom Economic Sciences – University of Douala
Most Recent Publications
- Simo-Kengne, BD and Bonga-Bonga, L. (2020). House prices and fertility in South Africa: A spatial econometric analysis. Economics Bulletin, vol. 40(2), PP 3193-3210.
- Simo-Kengne, B.D, Viljoen, J. and Nduku, P. (2020). Exchange Rate Pass through to Producer Prices in South Africa: Evidence from Panel Contemporaneous Correlated Approach. Journal African Business. https://doi.org/10.1080/15228916.2020.1826860
- Tunzi, Z. and Simo-Kengne, B.D. (2020) Estimating the future health care cost of population aging in South Africa, Development Southern Africa, vol. 37(2), PP 259-275. DOI: 10.1080/0376835X.2019.1629878
- Ohonba, A., Ngepah, N. and Simo-Kengne, BD (2020). A Dynamic Analysis of Maternal Fertility Choices and Child Health in South Africa: Generalized Method of Moments versus Control Function approach”, Journal of Developing Areas, vol. 54(3), PP 131-143
- Simo-Kengne, B.D. (2019). Population aging, unemployment and house prices in South Africa. Journal of Housing and the Built Environment, Volume 34, Issue 1, PP. 33-49.