About Dr Talent Zwane
I am a researcher in the field of development economics and have published in various high impact journals in this field of study. Apart from teaching both undergraduate and post-graduate students, I have supervised masters’ students in the field of Development Economics and have been an external examiner of many masters’ theses. I am a senate member of the University of Johannesburg, have acted as a chairperson at the Virtual Global Development Finance Conference and have participated as a guest speaker at a workshop hosted by the Oversight Committee on the Premier’s Office and the Legislature (OCPOL).
PhD (Economics), University of Johannesburg, South Africa (2018)
M.Com (Economics), University of Johannesburg, South Africa (2010)
BA (Hons) Economics. University of Johannesburg, South Africa (2005)
Most Recent Publications
- Biyase, M. Eita, J. Udimal, T. & Zwane, T. (2022). Military spending and inequality in South Africa: an ARDL bounds testing approach to cointegration. Economia Internazionale/International Economics, 75, (2): pp. 241-268
- Zwane, T. (2021). Determinants of savings in urban and rural households: Case of South Africa. Demohrafiia ta sotsialna ekonomika – Demography and Social Economy, 4 (46): pp. 151-168.
- Zwane, T. Biyase, M. & Binda, T. (2021). Institutions and technical efficiency: A stochastic frontier approach. Economia Internazionale/International Economics, 74 (4): pp. 415-438.
- Zwane, T. (2020). The causal effect of education on earnings in urban and rural South Africa: A further update. Demohrafiia ta sotsialna ekonomika – Demography and Social Economy, 1(39): pp. 79-94.
- Zwane, T. Biyase, M. Maleka, M. & Maluleka, A. (2020). Technical efficiency and economic growth in the SADC Region. Economia Internazionale/International Economics, 73(2): pp. 307-324.