Name: Aletta Prinsloo
Location: C1 Lab 127 Auckland Park Kingsway Campus
Physics Academic Staff Staff Members
Tel: 011 559 2346
About Prof. Aletta Prinsloo
Qualifications: PhD Physics – Rand Afrikaans University – 1999
Thesis: “Spindigtheidsgolfgedrag van Cr-Ga en Cr-Si enkelkristalle”
Supervisor: Prof. H.L. Alberts
Co-supervisor: Prof. P. Smit
: MSc (Cum Laude) Physics – Rand Afrikaans University – 1992
Dissertation: “Homogeniteit en stabiliteit van amorfe silikon dun lagies”
Supervisor: Prof. R. Swanepoel
: BSc (Hons) – Rand Afrikaans University – 1991
- : BSc (Ed.), Rand Afrikaans University, Johannesburg – 1990Majors: Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Education.
Fields of Specialisation: Magnetism, Solid State Physics, Thin films
NRF Rating: Evaluated in 2007 and placed in the C3 category.
Evaluated in 2001 and placed in the Y category.
- Best Physics III student at RAU during 1990.
- SSPMS Conference Presentation Award for delivering the best presentation by a Ph.D. student at the 1996 SAIP Annual Conference in the session Solid State Physics and Material Science.
- De Beers Diamond Research Laboratory Student Presentation Award for the most outstanding oral or poster presentation in the field of Solid State Physics and/or Material Science delivered at the 1998 SAIP Conference by a doctoral student at a South African Institution for tertiary education.
- Labotec PhD student award for the best publication in the field of Solid State Physics and/or Material Science originating from a doctoral study presented to a South African Institution for Tertiary Education.
Supervised students awards
- KT Roro, whom I supervised for his MSc study, received the Student Presentation Award for the most outstanding poster presentation in the field of Solid State Physics and/or Material Science delivered at the 2004 SAIP Conference by a masters student at a South African Institution for tertiary education.
- PhD student L Reddy was awarded “The most outstanding poster presentation in the field of Condensed Matter Physics and Material Science delivered at the Annual Conference of the South African Institute of Physics by a Doctoral Student at a South African Institute for Tertiary Education” at the 2005 SAIP Conference.
- PhD student HA Derrett was awarded third prize for her presentation at “Die Studente Simposium van Die Suid-Afrikaanse Akademie vir Wetenskap en Kuns 2008”.