PostgraduateHome » Faculties of Science » Departments » Biotechnology and Food Technology » Academic Programmes »
The Department offers graduate programs leading to a Masters and a Doctoral degrees in either Biotechnology or Food Technology. Our graduate programs provides students with a deeper and broader understanding in various fields of Biotechnology and Food Technology through research. The qualifying student will be able to conduct research under guidance in a chosen field and contribute to knowledge production in that field. The research problem, its justification, process and outcome are reported in a dissertation which complies with the generally accepted norms for research at this level.
On completion of this programme, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the field/area of investigation.
- Apply a range of research methods and techniques appropriately and correctly to investigate, modify and improve or innovate food/biotechnology related processes.
Details on each of our postgraduate programs are as follow:
- Master of Science (MSc) in Biotechnology
- Master of Science (MSc) in Food Technology
- Doctor of Technology (DTech) in Biotechnology – phased out to be replaced with Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Biotechnology
- Doctor of Technology (DTech) in Food Technology – phased out to be replaced with Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Food Technology