Methodological approach (decolonial research):
- Unity of theory and practice.
- Eschew ‘extractive’ research.
- Produce socially useful knowledge.
- Participatory action research.
Surveys, ethnography, participant observation, life histories, documents, etc.
- Township, shack settlements and village studies
- Land reform and redistribution programme
- Labour and social movement studies
- Racial and gendered capitalism
- Migration and xenophobia
- Whistleblowing and state capture
Research projects (current)
- Energy Racism: Electricity Crisis in South Africa
- Labour Tenants’ Special Master Land Restitution Programme