Our Orange Carpet
What is the UJ Orange Carpet Rewards Programme?
The University of Johannesburg’s Orange Carpet rewards programme is about rewarding excellence and embracing accomplishment. If you are a Grade 12 learner and thrive on achieving only the best, you are just the diamond we are looking for! So, get the rewards you deserve!
ORANGE CARPET CANDIDATES QUALIFY FOR SOME VERY SPECIAL BENEFITS:
- You will receive a merit bursary according to your APS for the first year of study.
- The better you do in your Grade 12 results the bigger your merit bursary will be.
- An APS of more than 42 on your Grade 12 results gives you an extra R5 485 bursary.
- The academic registration fee is waived, thus you do not have to pay this.
- UJ will give you a R2 000 voucher which you can use to purchase textbooks or towards the purchase of a tablet with one of UJ’s main suppliers.
- You will be guaranteed accommodation in a UJ residence if you plan to live on campus, and have applied to a UJ residence.
- The residence deposit is waived, thus you do not have to pay this.
- You are eligible for a sport bursary if you have achieved at provincial or a higher level. And many more on-campus benefits like career counselling, somatology specials, invitations to exclusive events and into the VIP sections at UJ sporting events!
How to qualify for the Campaign?
- Achieve an APS of 37 or higher in your Grade 11 final report (but not lower than Level 6 in every subject).
- Maintain the same results in Grade 12.
- Meet the specific subject requirements for the programme you are interested in.
- Make sure you apply on time to UJ – the deadline is 28 September 2018 at 12:00.
- Remember, depending on your AP Score, your Orange Carpet merit bursary may not cover your full first-year tuition fees so candidates need to ensure that they apply for any other funding and NSFAS on time, in their Grade 12 year.
- Only students who are entering for first time undergraduate studies are eligible for the orange carpet benefits.
- Students who have already undertaken studies at UJ or elsewhere are not eligible.
***This information is subjected to change without prior notice.