About the SLP Office
Faculty of Health Sciences remains well respected within the respective professions and is uniquely positioned to provide a number of quality Short Learning Programmes & Continuing Professional Development activities. The unit was established in 2008 to facilitate and administer Short Learning Programmes by the various academic departments within the Faculty, including Continuing Professional Development activities for healthcare professionals registered with Health Professions Council of South Africa.We are committed to delivering quality education that is affordable and accessible to all our students for the past twelve years.
Our Short Learning Programmes allow you to
- Develop specialised skills
- Gain fundamental knowledge in a specialised field
- Continually upgrade, develop and hone existing skills through Continuing Education
- Obtain CEU’s (Continuing Education Units) as required by HPCSA for some SLP’s
- Register with HPCSA for an additional qualification
- Enhance your CV
- No application fee will be charged for online applications
- Easy registration process
- Our SLP’s are affordable
- Can be completed in a short duration
- Obtain a UJ Certificate
“Studying a Short Learning Programme is always a good idea. Any investment in your education, no matter how small, is an investment in your own future. A Short Learning Programme is thus a short-term commitment, with long-term benefits.”
When applying for any of our SLP courses make use this token number HSCSLP1.
Download Brochures on Available Courses
Compounding and Dispensing Course: Applications are still open.