Student ChaptersHome » Engineering & Built Environment » Departments » Department of Urban and Regional Planning »
FORUM OF PLANNING STUDENTS
The Forum of Planning Students (FOPS) is a student structure concerned with assisting fellow planners in regards to the academics, promote social interaction with the Department as well as expose students to the profession of planning. The structure is mainly aimed at National Diploma, BURP and B-Tech individuals who can assist in guiding the Organization.
To strengthen the relationship between the department and students while stimulating academic excellence inter alia enhancing social interaction and ultimately placing UJ Town and Regional Planning above all its fellow Urban Planning Institutes .
FOPS will involve itself with all initiatives related to planning, allowing students to engage within the profession and producing knowledgeable Planners.
- Hosting Urban Conversations
- Academic Debates
- Industry motivational talks
- Promoting social interaction through sports and social events
- Familiarizing students with surrounding environments
- Highlighting opportunities for employment and academic gain