Mission StatementHome » Faculties of Education » Centres » Centre for Education Rights and Transformation » The Centre »
The Centre’s work is anchored in the ideals of social, political and economic democracy; racial, class, gender and language equity; diversity in knowledge creation, discovery and dissemination. It defends education and human rights and promotes transformative teaching and learning.
The work of the Centre focuses on:
- The history, sociology and development of South African education
- Globalization and educational change in Southern African and International Education
- National, African, and international policy studies in education
- Pedagogies in classrooms, lecture rooms and community halls
- Public advocacy, community participation, and social relevance