Important Points to Note for Term 2
Important Points to Note
As you prepare for the start of Term 2 on 20 April, we have informed you that teaching and learning will be fully online. There are some important points that we would like to highlight regarding your module activities, assignments and assessments. The normal timetable for Term 2 will be followed while learning online. Your lecturer will communicate to you as to how they plan to use the scheduled periods on the timetable.
- Your lecturer/s will communicate their online teaching plan with you via announcements on Blackboard, your study guide on Blackboard or via an email.
- Familiarise yourself with your learning guide.
- Check Blackboard regularly for any new tests, assignments or activities you have to complete for your module/s.
- Frequently check your emails and announcements on Blackboard.
- Organise your week around your timetable and study guide so that you stay up to date with all of your modules.
- Manage your time by planning access to your Blackboard modules early. We advise that you check each week to see what work you have to complete and plan accordingly.
- If you are uncertain about any aspect of learning, please ask your lecturer or tutor for clarity.
- Online consultation times will be communicated with you by your lecturer.
- Plan ahead so that you have enough time to complete your assessments/assignments.
- Consider your access to technology when planning your assignments. Don't let technical challenges at the last minute affect your submissions.
- If you are experiencing challenges please contact your lecturer.
- If you have technical difficulties please contact email@example.com
We trust that you will find Term 2 a valuable experience.
Prof. Kinta Burger
University of Johannesburg
16 April 2020