THE UJ SPORT CONFERENCE 2022 aims to create awareness around:
- Student Well-being and Performance
- The UJ Healthy Campus Programme
The conference offers a platform to highlight wide-ranging issues that affect sports in the higher education sector.
*For the first time, this conference will be organised as a hybrid event. Please indicate [on the registration form] whether you will be attending physically or virtually.
The University of Johannesburg (UJ) Sport, together with the Department of Sport and Movement Studies, will be hosting the 3rd UJ Sports Hybrid Conference scheduled for the 19th and 20th of September 2022.
The Conference will coincide with the International Day of University Sport (IDUS) on 20 September 2022. The 3rd UJ Sport Conference seeks to explore and provide solutions on addressing factors that contribute to students’ wellbeing, performance, and overall student experience, ultimately creating a healthy campus to live, study and work on and sharing different approaches amongst universities, globally.
The main objective of the 3rd UJ Sport conference is to educate and empower attendees/delegates with the knowledge of a holistic approach to university sports. As part of the discussion, the conference will aim to:
- Promote and develop sporting values among student-athlete and universities,
- Educate on sporting excellence,
- Unite universities and service providers for national and international collaborations, and
- Enhance the level of university sport excellence and participation
- Share information on projects and skills development of student-athletes
- Foster a better understanding of university sports and student health and wellness/wellbeing
- Create awareness among athletes, coaches, managers, administrators, and support staff regarding university sports and the influence it has on all students and student-athletes.
2022 CONFERENCE OUTLINE AND SPEAKERS:
Dr Morris-Eyton holds a Doctoral Degree in Sport Science with a focus of sports coaching curriculum development. Research interests include gender and safeguarding in sport as well as high performance coaching.
Head of Department: Department of Sport and Movement Studies
Conference Keynote Speaker
The Production of Olympian Athletes @University Level – International Perspectives
University Sport: Marketing and Events
The Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) – eSport
Work Integrated Learning Experiences in Universities
Conference Keynote Speaker
Equity and Inclusiveness in Sport
Ms Zilungile Ntombela
Senior Sports Officer: University of KwaZulu-Natal, Pietermaritzburg Campus
SHOWCASE: UJ Postgraduate Research Practitioners – Student Presentations
Substance Abuse and Intoxication in University Sport Students
Please note that the registration fees cover both days of the conference. Email proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org to get a conference registration link.
Step 1: Register and pay for conference
Step 2: Email proof of payment to email@example.com
Step 3: Receive link for conference
Step 4: Join us on the 19th & 20th for the 3rd Hybrid UJ Sport Conference
Online Attendance (General public): R500.00
Physical Attendance (General public): R1 500.00
|Account Type||Account Number||Branch Code||Swift Code||Branch Name||Date Opened|
|Public Sector Cheque Account||62615873149||251705||FIRNZAJJ||Main Street 051||2016-06-02|
2022 UJ Sport Conference