About Prof J Hinaunye Eita
I am a Professor and Head of Academics at the School of Economics. My research areas are macroeconomic modelling, applied econometrics, financial markets, international trade and finance and I am rated by the National Research Foundation (NRF) as an established researcher. Several masters and doctoral theses have been supervised by me and I’ve conducted, coordinated research projects for private sector and government organisations or departments.
PhD in Economics (coursework and thesis), University of Pretoria, PRETORIA, 2007.
M. Com in Economics, University of Cape Town, CAPE TOWN, 2000.
B. Com Honours in Economics, University of Cape Town, CAPE TOWN, 1998.
B. Com , University of Namibia, 1997, WINDHOEK.
Most Recent Publications
- MENIAGO, C. AND EITA, J.H. (2022). Fiscal policy-growth nexus in CFA countries: assessing the role of institutional quality and debt, Journal for Studies in Economics and Econometrics (accepted).
- NGEPAH, N., SABA, C.S., BIYASE, M. AND EITA, J.H. (2022). The effect of Transnet’s capital expenditure and investment in other sectors of South African economy, Economia Internazionale/International Economics (Accepted).
- ARONGUDADE, S.T., BIYASE, M. AND EITA, J.H. (2022). Determinant of foreign direct investment in Sub-Saharan African countries: role of third country effects, African Journal of Business and Economic Research, 17(2): 35 – 62. Available at: https://www.adonis-abbey.com/edition_menu.php?edition_id=443
- ARONGUDADE, S.T., BIYASE, M. AND EITA, J.H. (2022). Foreign direct investment and poverty in sub-Saharan African countries: the role of host absorptive capacity, Cogent Economics and Finance, 10:1, 2078459. Available at: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/23322039.2022.2078459?needAccess=true
- BIYASE, M., EITA, H., UDIMAL, T. AND ZWANE, T.T. (2022). Military spending and inequality in South Africa: An ARDL bound testing approach to cointegration, Economia Internazionale, 75(2): 241 – 268. Available at: http://www.iei1946.it/en/rivista-articolo.php?id=354
National Research Foundation (NRF): NRF Rated Researcher (Category C3, independent and established researcher) for the period 2015 – 2020.
Winner of the Pro-Vice Chancellor’s Distinguished Researcher of the Year 2010 at Monash University (South African campus).
Teaching award for best teaching/lecturing of Economics of Money and Banking at Monash University.