Name: Paschal Ukpaka
About Paschal Ukpaka
Level of Studies: MA by Dissertation (2nd Year)
Supervisor: Professor Catherine Botha
Title of Dissertation: GANs, Creativity, and the Fashion Industry: A Philosophical Investigation
Previous research: Post-truth a unique phenomenon; A philosophical approach to the phenomenon of post-truth
Publications and Conferences:
- Ukpaka, Paschal. (2022). The Doctrine of Act and Potency is the Key to an Adequate Understanding of Persistence in Identity. Revista Opinião Filosó 13. 1-17.
- Presented a paper titled “ Post-truth and Social Media; A dangerous combo that threatens African democracy” at a conference titled “ Social media and Democratic process in Africa” – 2023
- Ukpaka, Paschal. (2023). Does Logic Decolonization involve having a Relativistic approach to Logical Principle? A Philosophical Case for Logic Decolonization. Revista Opinião Filosó 14. 1-21.
- A paper presentation on Philosophy in Technology Workshop 2nd Edition- 28th to 29th April 2023. Title of my presentation: How AI technologies, particularly GANs, fails to exhibit human creativity.
- Research Interest: Philosophy of AI and Robotics, Philosophy of Creativity, Social and Political Philosophy, Social Epistemology
External role: Member UJ Metaverse Research Unit