Name: Ellen Chipango
Location: C-RING 626A Auckland Park Kingsway Campus
About Dr Ellen Chipango
Ellen Chipango completed her doctoral degree in 2018 at the University of Johannesburg and her thesis focused on the rural electrification-ecological sustainability nexus in Zimbabwe. She was awarded an African Pathways NIHSS–CODESRIA doctoral scholarship for her research towards a PhD in Development Studies. Currently, she is a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the Sociology Department at the University of Johannesburg. Her current research interests include the nature-society nexus; and energy and environmental justice.
- PhD in Development Studies, University of Johannesburg
- MSc in Development Studies, Women’s University in Africa
- B.A (Honours), University of Zimbabwe
- Energy and environmental justice
- Political ecology
- Social justice and rural development
- Policy processes within development bureaucracies
Chipango, E.F. (2019). Towards a Conceptualisation of Power in Fuelwood Access in Zimbabwe, Conservation and Society, 17(2): 184-194.
Chipango, E.F. (2018). Reinterpreting Energy Poverty in Zimbabwe: A Scalar Perspective, Journal of Political Ecology, 25(1):205-220.
Chipango, E.F. (2018). Coping with Energy Poverty in Rural Zimbabwe: Spaces Matter, Review of Social Sciences, 3(1):1-15.