Name: Parvathy Naidoo
Location: GNA 218
DELM Staff, Department of Education Leadership and Management, Faculty of Education Staff Members
Tel: +27 11 559 5243
About Dr Parvathy Naidoo
Education Qualifications Primary School Education Diploma Higher Diploma in Education – Primary School Education Further Diploma in Education – Educational Leadership and Management ( cum laude) Bachelor in Education – Educational Leadership and Management (cum laude) Master’s in Education – Educational Leadership and Management ( cum laude), The design and implementation of a financial school policy: implications for effective school improvement. PhD in Education – Educational Leadership and Management, An exploratory study of a professional leadership development programme for school principals: implications for sustainable change in leadership practices. Research Interests Educational leadership and management; School Financial management; Human Resource management; Change management; Teacher education; Teacher leadership; Instructional leadership; Leadership for Learning; Classroom leadership and management, Distributive leadership; Education Legislation, Policy and Planning. Teaching information Undergraduate modules
- Teaching Studies Year 1 to Year 4
- School Experience Practicum Year 1 to Year 4
- Teaching Methodology and Practicum Year 1 – Year 4
- Research Methodology (B Ed Hons Contact)
- Education Theory: Perspectives of Leadership and Management – B Ed Hons Contact)
- Education Theory: Perspectives of Leadership and Management – B Ed Hons Online)
- Education Leadership A (Master’s in Education Online)
- Academic Writing and Research Skills (Master’s in Education Online)
- Lead and Manage People and Change (Advanced Diploma in Education – ADE Online)
Published articles and book chapters
- Naidoo, P., Petersen, N., (2015), ‘Towards a leadership programme for primary school principals as instructional leaders’, South African Journal of Childhood Education 5(3), Art. #371, 8 pages. http://dx.doi. org/10.4102/sajce. v5i3.371
- Naidoo, P., Mestry, R., (2017) “The Financial Policy as a Monitoring Tool for Managing Finances in Public Schools”, Journal of Social Sciences, 52(1-3), 92-104.
- Naidoo, P. (2017). Either you have it or you don’t. In Leadership Matters, School Leadership and Management Cases. Case 11. Conley, Mestry and Merseth (Eds.). Pearson Publishers.
- Naidoo, P. (2017). The Role of Middle managers in schools. In Leadership Matters, School Leadership and Management Cases. Case 4. Conley, Mestry and Merseth (Eds.) Pearson Publishers.
- Naidoo, P. (2019). Perceptions of teachers and school management teams of the leadership roles of public school principals. South African Journal of Education, 39(2), 1534-1547.
- Naidoo, P. & Mestry, R. (2019). Instructional Leadership for Principals: A South African context. In Instructional Leadership and Leadership for Learning in Schools: Understanding Theories of Leading. T. Townsend (Ed.). Palgrave Publishers.
- Naidoo, P & Triegaardt, P. (2019). Perceptions of teachers regarding the implementation of behaviour management strategies in selected greater London schools. Journal of Educational Sciences, 18(1), 12-26.
- Khanyi, G. & Naidoo, P. (2020). Principals’ role in capacity development of post level one teachers for school leadership. Perspectives in Education, 38(2), 164-186.
P Naidoo, 2014 ; An exploratory study of a professional development programme for school principals: implications for sustainable change in leadership practices, NWU, Edu-Lead Conference P Naidoo, 2014: Discipline in Schools, Teachers Upfront Presentation, Johannesburg P Naidoo, 2014: Sparing the rod rebuilding the child, Mail and Guardian Article Other information
- Gauteng of Department of Education- held positions of Teacher, Head of Department, Deputy Principal and Principal at various schools.
- Facilitated – Outcomes Based Education (OBE) and National Curriculum Statements (NCS) – (grades 1-11) and Management of Educational Change at School District level.
- Evaluation and moderation of Learner Teacher Support Materials for Grades 1-7
- Accredited Assessor and Facilitator.
- 2008 National Teaching Award – Lifetime Achievement Award, first position at Regional and second position at National level