Student ChaptersHome » Engineering & Built Environment » Departments » Department of Chemical Engineering Technology »
Chemical Engineering Student Association
Who are We and What is Our Vision?
CESA is the acronym created for “Chemical Engineering Student Association”. We are aligned to UJ’s mission of “inspiring its community to transform and serve humanity through innovation and the collaborative pursuit of knowledge”. CESA was formed to enrich the overall learning experience of Chemical Engineering students.
We aim to enrich our students by actively:
- Outlining potential bursary, scholarship, and funding opportunities.
- Creating an awareness of competitions that exercise and demonstrate the engineering abilities of our students.
- Hosting Industrial and Academic Guest speakers to motivate and inspire our students about potential career paths and continuous professional development.
- Hosting workshops on academic excellence, CV and cover letter writing, LinkedIn as a virtual CV, and Grammarly as a writing tool to enhance our students’ capabilities and better prepare them for the world after graduation.
- Coordinating community engagement drives and events hosted by the Department of Chemical Engineering.
- Providing support to both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Creating and overseeing a Mentorship program & CESA awards for academic excellence.