My specialization is Ecology and Nature Conservation Science. My current curricula in University of Johannesburg at Department of Geography, Environmental Management and Energy Studies (GEMES) as a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow incorporate application of Remote Sensing & GIS in Nature Conservation and Species Distribution Modelling in response to the predicted Climate Change scenarios. During the first year of my Post Doc Fellowship, I have successfully completed the courses – "17PGRS000: Postgraduate Research Supervision", "17REET000: Research Ethics in Postgraduate Supervision" and "17S5SNRQ: Supervision of Quantitative Research" from University of Johannesburg, South Africa. Each course was of 20 credits (200 hours) signifying National Qualification Level 08 of South Africa.
I have pursued MSc. in Environment Management (2006) from Forest Research Institute University, Dehradun, India and thereafter obtained PhD in Wildlife Science (2015) from Wildlife Institute of India, Dehradun and Saurashtra University, Gujarat, India. My PhD thesis was on "Tiger Ecology" where I had monitored a population of reintroduced Royal Bengal tigers in Sariska Tiger Reserve, Rajasthan, India for a period of four and half years. After PhD, I was employed as a Field Biologist in Ranthambhore Tiger Conservation Foundation (RTCF) under State Government of Rajasthan. There my job responsibility was wildlife monitoring and conservation under Rajasthan State Forest Department and Union Government of India. Altogether, I have more than 11 years of working experience in various biodiversity conservation projects under government and non-government organizations. My
- Bhattacharjee S and Goyal S.P. Abundance of leopard and its prey outside PAs of Garhwal Himalaya. On "Leopard-Human conflict in Garhwal Himalaya" published from Lambert Academic Publishers, Germany.
Peer Reviewed Articles:
- Bhattacharjee S, Kidwai Z, Bhattarai S, Bajpai H, Reddy G V and Yessoufou K. 2017. A case for reconsidering the conservation status of erstwhile Closed Areas in arid landscape of western India. Under peer-review process in "Journal of Arid Land".
- Sahu Y K, Bhattacharjee S, Kidwai Z, Sharma S, Shaktawat D S and Khandal D. 2017. Report of Melanistic Jungle Cat from Ranthambhore Tiger Reserve, Rajasthan, India. Cat News 65, Winter 2017. ISSN 1027-2992.
- Kidwai Z and Bhattacharjee S. 2016. An observation of Greater Flamingos (Phoenicopterus roseus) in Chicharli wetland, Dhawa, Rajasthan, India. ZOO's PRINT, Volume XXXI, Number 3, March 2016.
- Bhattacharjee S, Kumar V, Chandrasekhar M, Malviya M, Ganswindt A, Ramesh K, et al. 2015. Glucocorticoid Stress Responses of Reintroduced Tigers in Relation to Anthropogenic Disturbance in Sariska Tiger Reserve in India. PlosOne, June 2015. DOI:10.1371/ journal.pone.0127626.
- Mondal K, Bhattacharjee S, Gupta S, Sankar K and Qureshi Q. 2013. Home range and resource selection of 'problem' leopards translocated to forested habitat. Current Science, volume 105, August 2013.
- Mondal K, Gupta S, Bhattacharjee S, Sankar K and Qureshi Q. 2012. Prey selection, food habits and dietary overlap between leopard Panthera pardus (Mammalia: Carnivora) and re-introduced tiger Panthera tigris (Mammalia: Carnivora) in a semi-arid forest of Sariska Tiger Reserve, Western India. Italian Journal of Zoology, August 2012.
- Mondal K, Gupta S, Bhattacharjee S, Sankar K and Qureshi Q. 2012. Response of leopards to re-introduced tigers in Sariska Tiger Reserve, Western India. International Journal of Biodiversity and Conservation Vol. 4(5), pp. 228-236, 15 April, 2012.
- Sankar K, Qureshi Q, Nigam P, Malik P.K, Sinha P.R, Mehrotra R.N, Gopal R, Bhattacharjee S, Mondal K and Gupta S. 2010. Monitoring of reintroduced tigers in Sariska Tiger Reserve, Western India: preliminary findings on home range, prey selection and food habits. Tropical Conservation Science Vol.3 (3):301-318, September 2010.
- Bhattacharjee S. Social life of the tigers. 2014. Ei Samay - The Bengali daily of Times of India group. Published on 30th July 2014.
- Sankar K and Bhattacharjee S. Sariska: The reign of tigers. 2012. STRIPES of National Tiger Conservation Authority, Government of India in September 2012.
- Bhattacharjee S, Malik P.K, Shekhawat R.S, K.R. Anoop and Sankar K. 2012. Tale of a traveling tiger. 2012. Sanctuary Asia magazine published from Mumbai, India in June 2012.