Postgraduate Diploma in Nursing EducationHome »
Department of Nursing, Faculty of Health Sciences
Faculty: Faculty of Health Sciences
Department: Department of Nursing
Programme Level: Postgraduate
Programme Name: Postgraduate Diploma in Nursing Education
Programme Code: E9ED1Q
Medium of Facilitation:
NQF Level: 8
NQF Credits: 120
Application Start Date:
Application End Date: Apr 1, 2022
The purpose of Postgraduate Diploma in Nursing Education is to strengthen and deepen students’ knowledge and skills in the field of nursing education. It is designed to develop student’s skills based on current thinking, practice, and research methods in the field of nursing education. The aim is to empower nursing education specialists with high level of theoretical engagement and intellectual independence to acquire the ability to relate knowledge to a range of contexts, to undertake professional and highly skilled teaching ability in nursing education. On completion of this programme, graduates will be able to register with the South African Nursing Council (SANC) as nursing education specialists, entitling them to work independently within the multidisciplinary team.
31 October 2022
1. A Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (R.174), alternatively
2. A Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (R.425)
3. A Diploma in Nursing&%2358; General Nurse (R.171) with Advanced Diploma in Midwifery (R.1497).
4. A minimum of two (2) years’ experience, (inclusive of a year of community service), after registration by the South African Nursing Council as a Professional Nurse or General Nurse and Midwife.
5. Proof of registration with the SANC as a Professional Nurse or General Nurse and Midwife.
6. Approval from your Nursing Service Manager (NSM) to register for the programme.