Advanced Diploma in Real EstateHome » University Courses »
Faculty Website: College of Business and Economics
Department: Department of Finance and Investment Management
Programme Level: Postgraduate
Programme Name: Advanced Diploma in Real Estate
Programme Code: A34RAO
Medium of Facilitation: Online
NQF Level: 7
NQF Credits: 130
The purpose of this qualification (via distance education) is to develop the student’s knowledge of the discipline of real estate. The programme is comprised of a focused curriculum to prepare the student for a career in real estate. Mastering of the curriculum will provide students with the ability to synthesise real estate market principles and apply valuation approaches in a professional manner.
Fundamental knowledge of real estate relevant to the real estate industry will be gained enabling the qualifying student to work in today’s world as a real estate professional. The programme emphasises competence, integrity, and application of ethics in a professional environment. The successful student will gain a global and South African real estate perspective and an in-depth understanding of the real estate industry, which will provide them with a competitive advantage for employment.
An applicant should have one of the following:
- National Diploma Real Estate qualification on the old NQF level 6; or
- an applicant should possess any other qualification on a New NQF level 7/Old NQF level 6 and have related real estate oriented experience which is deemed applicable by the Department of Finance and Investment Management;
- For acceptance into the programme, preparatory study, an entrance course and examination may be required by the Department of Finance and Investment Management;
- Selection is based on academic merit and the availability of places and hence may entail the use of additional criteria/requirements; and
- Final admission requirements will from time to time be set by the department.