Procurement of goods and services at the University of Johannesburg shall be in the best interest of the University. The University’s best interests are served when a transaction results in the lowest overall cost to the University, taking into account the acquisition price, quality, service, availability, functionality, durability and disposal costs.
Competitive (open) bidding is to be followed as far as possible for all procurement above R 250 000 in line with the University policies and regulations. Selection mechanisms include:
- Sealed Quotation Process – this applies to for all procurement requests from R 250 000 to R500 000 inclusive of VAT. The process is administered by the Procurement Department.
- Closed Tendering Process – may be considered for all transactions above R500 000 and up to R1 million inclusive of VAT, where necessary. The process is administered by the Tender Office.
- Competitive Tendering Process – to ensure participation to all prospective tenderers to stimulate competition and equitable testing of the market. This is administered by the Tender Office.
- Details shall be articulated in the tender documents.
Bid documents available from:
- Please consult the relevant tender advert for guidance on availability of tender document.
Please consult the tender advert or click on the advertised tender link for the contact detail of the Tender Office Specialist and the Technical Enquiries contact.
Please consult the tender advert and document for the submission rules as failure to submit as instructed shall render the tender invalid.
Please consult the tender advert and document for instructions related to a briefing session. Failure to attend a compulsory briefing session will render the tender invalid.