- B Tech qualifications form part of this category.
- Applicants may apply for a minimum of one and a maximum of four applications. These study choices can't be amended once they have been chosen.
- Before you submit your online application and upload/email documents, please visit the relevant faculty/department website to confirm additional documentation that may be required e.g. departmental application form, CV, motivation, thesis etc.
- Contact Student Accommodation should you require more information regarding residence.
- The application fee is not required if you have previously applied and you are in possession of a student number. This is also applicable if you are applying to transfer into another qualification.
- Honours, Masters and Doctorate applications towards Clinical and Counselling Psychology are requested to apply directly to the Department.
Checklist for applying
Valid email address (Gmail or
Yahoo mail account).
- If residence is required then a deposit of R1220 must be paid.
- Document upload requirements when applying online (not applicable to internal postgraduate applicants):
- All documents must be certified.
- When uploading documents, ensure that the scanned file is a maximum of 512KB, and that all documents are scanned in any of the following types – tiff, pdf, jpg or gif
- Each document must be scanned and uploaded as separate attachments
- Alternatively, documents can be emailed to
email@example.com with the provisional reference/student number
noted in the subject line of the email.
Timeframe – New Applicants
Step Process Estimated Timeframe
1 Acceptance of the POPI Act 2 minutes
2 Capture of Biographical data 7 minutes
3 Capture of grade 12/school leaving results 5 minutes
4 Capture of previous studies (school details) 5 minutes
5 Capture of Qualifications (not applicable to all) 3 minutes
6 Acceptance of rules and agreement 2 minutes
7 Uploading of Documents (not applicable to all) 5 minutes
Estimated time to complete application 30 minutes
If you forgot your pin then select "Request a PIN" using your existing UJ student number. A PIN will be sent to you via email. Thereafter, login using your student number and PIN provided.