Important information before you apply
FREE Career Guidance
Click HERE for free career guidance
Click HERE to make use of the PACE APS calculator.
Step 1 - Create an account
Step 2 - Login
Step 3 - Enter subjects
The calculator will then display which qualifications you are eligible to apply towards at UJ.
Checklist for applying
- Valid email address (Gmail or Yahoo mail account).
- Have the requirements for study choices been met? Click HERE to view the 2022 Undergraduate Prospectus for more information on minimum entrance requirements.
- Certified and individually scanned documents if completed Grade 12 (see process below).
Document upload requirements when applying online (not applicable to applicants currently in grade 12 or internal transfer/Senior applicants):
- All documents must be certified
- Eensure that the scanned file is a maximum of 512KB
- All documents are scanned in any of the following types – tiff, pdf, jpg or gif
- Each document must be scanned and uploaded as separate attachments
- Alternatively, documents can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the provisional reference/student number noted in the subject line of the email.
- Please click HERE to consult the 2022 Undergraduate Prospectus to ensure you meet the minimum entrance requirements before applying.
- Applicants may only apply for two study choices. These study choices may not be amended once they have been chosen.
- In the case of applicants re-writing Grade 12 subjects, applications will be processed on the current results available. If Grade 12 has been written more than once then your combined results must be submitted with your application.
- Applicants writing the National Senior Certificate (NSC) through IEB or SACAI examining bodies can apply online by selecting "National Senior Certificate" under the Results Detail page of the online application process.
- Applicants currently in Grade 12 may be requested to provide certified copies of final Grade 11 results for verification and auditing purposes.
- The University of Johannesburg will not accept the General Education
Development (GED) test for entry into any of its curricular undergraduate
qualifications. The GED is no longer recognised by Universities South
Africa (USAf), and is not equivalent to a South African grade 12
(NSC/IEB/SACAI). Applicants who completed the GED and would like to
study towards an undergraduate curricular qualification are advised to register
and complete a grade 12 NSC/IEB/SACAI or international equivalent thereof.
- The National Benchmark Tests (NBTs) are not part of UJs admissions
requirements and applicants are not required to write the NBTs in order to
apply or gain admission to UJ. Applicants may however, be requested to
write the NBTs in exceptional circumstances where the applicant is in
possession of an extraordinary school leaving certificate.
Re-applicants/Transfer applicants/Senior applicants
Click HERE to apply online for FREE
Click HERE to download a paper based application - R200.00