Institute for Private International Law in Africa
The objectives of the Institute are the following:
- Undertake and publish research in the field of private international law, especially in the African context;
- Draft regulations, conventions, model laws and other legislative instruments in the field of private international law for utilisation by the various organs and Member States of the African Union as well as other stakeholders;
- Act as information centre for the Hague Conference on Private International Law;
- Provide training and arrange conferences, seminars and workshops in the field of private international law;
- Establish a network of experts in the field of private international law, especially in Africa; and
- Establish an information system on the internet for private international law, focussing on Africa.