Suspension of all contact teaching and learning activities and graduations from 16 March 2020.COVID-19 Info
About ChiropracticChiropractic is a health care discipline that emphasises the inherent recuperative power of the body to heal itself without the use of drugs or surgery. The practice of chiropractic focuses on the relationship between structure (primarily the spine) and function (as coordinated by the nervous system) and how that relationship affects the preservation and restoration of health.
In addition, doctors of Chiropractic recognise the value and responsibility of working in cooperation with other health care practitioner’s when in the best interests of the patient.
- Chiropractors are first-contact physicians who possess the diagnostic skills to differentiate health conditions that are amenable to their management from those conditions that require referral or co-management.
- Chiropractors provide conservative management of neuromusculoskeletal disorders and related functional manifestations including, but not limited to, back pain, neck pain, and headaches.
- Chiropractors are expert providers of spinal and other therapeutic manipulation / adjustments. They utilise a variety of manual, mechanical, and electrical therapeutic modalities. Chiropractors also provide patient evaluations and instructions regarding disease prevention and health promotion through proper nutrition, exercise and lifestyle modification, among others.
About Chiropractic Care
Once a Chiropractor determines that a case can be treated through Chiropractic care, he/she will seek to remove any fixations present. Treatment generally consists of highly specialised manipulative techniques often referred to as adjustments. Such adjustments are performed by hand and consist of a high velocity; low amplitude thrust being applied to specific vertebra in the spine.
Adjustments are safe and some patients can experience immediate relief as the normal joint motion is restored and the nerve is freed to any restrictive pressure or irritation. However, some patients require a few treatments in order to correct the problem.
About Chiropractic Services
Due to the fact that chiropractic is a non-invasive treatment option, virtually anyone can benefit from chiropractor care. This includes:
- Babies and Children: who suffer from spinal problems, as they grow older and their nervous system adapts.
- Pregnant women: chiropractors can help insure an easier delivery and minimise backache.
- Office Workers: who often sit in front of a computer for extended periods of time.
- Factory workers: who spend much of their time performing repetitive activities.
- The elderly: who have years of wear and tear on the body which can leave them more susceptible to different spinal problems.
- Athletes: who are constantly striving to improve their performance and who often push their bodies to the limit in order to achieve their goals. Such constant stress on the body can, in time, cause much strain and in later years many neuromusculoskeletal problems can develop.
Chiropractic care has been known to treat and help almost any condition that is nerve, muscle or joint related. Such neuromusculoskeletal conditions, can range from neck pain, headaches including migraines, whiplash, shoulder pain, arm and elbow pain, tingling in arms and hands, all the way to back pain, hip pain, leg pain, sciatic, knee pain and even foot pain. Therefore any condition that is related to any joint in the body can potentially be helped through Chiropractic care.