ICICIS-2019Home » College of Business and Economics » Schools » School of Consumer Intelligence and Information Systems (SCiiS) » Applied Information Systems »
Conference Chair’s Message
The University of Johannesburg (UJ), South Africa and the University of Botswana (UB) are hosting the fourth International Conference on the Internet, Cyber Security and Information Systems.
This is the fourth instalment of this very successful conference that was held in Gaborone Botswana in 2016. The conference aims at continuing to share challenges and solutions to the continuing problems posed by Internet Based information Systems (especially Cyber Security issues); to share experiences and best practices
- On policy, strategy and regulatory framework addressing cyber-crime; to share experiences;
- On areas such as critical infrastructure – including the backbone, services and protection structures such as CERTs;
- On deployment of cyber-infrastructures and open data sharing for research and innovation.
- And to address cybersecurity capacity building and to stimulate discussions and interactions regionally and internationally around these areas.
- On the impact of cyber security on Organizational Information Systems
The conference will do this by bringing together stakeholders and delegates in workshops. The common running thread for the workshops’ interactions and deliberations and outputs will also help feed into the development of a Model National Cybersecurity Strategy that could be used as a template by countries most of which will be represented from the region and the continent to build on.
This conference is intended to be the annual event for deliberations on these issues in the region and the continent and a platform to provide insight into initiatives, knowledge exchange and create a networking forum for interaction with key players in the field from around the world.
Academic Conference Topics
The topics include (but not limited to):