The Department of Accounting, being a member of the international tertiary community, strives towards excellence in the following areas:
- by applying modern teaching technology and methods.
- by remaining innovative through the development, adjustment and implementation of courses and programmes.
The Department places equal importance on quality research and scholarly activity.
Our lecturers have embraced a culture of scholarly activity in which they not only aim to deliver accredited research output, but also strive to serve the community as experts in various niche areas. The Department of Accountancy at the University of Johannesburg attests that research plays an important role in ensuring sustainable quality education, irrespective of the subject. Through various successful research initiatives and projects, multi-disciplinary knowledge is made available, not only to students, but also to the accounting profession and to the South African business society.
- by offering postgraduate training of outstanding quality.
- by doing and publishing relevant research of a high standard.
Community Service and Development
- by undertaking projects that will be of value to our interest groups.
- by continually projecting an image of excellence and thoroughness and acting with professional commitment and ethics in our dealings with interest groups and in the rendering of service.