Join the upcoming ICSD Africa Branch Colloquium from 14 – 15 March
The International Consortium for Social Development (ICSD) is an organisation consisting of practitioners, scholars, and students, who aim to bring about social improvement in the lives of people and their communities using a social development approach. The ICSD has three international branches, the most recent addition being the Africa branch, which was launched at the 22nd ICSD biennial conference held in South Africa, July 2021. Prof Lauren Graham chairs this branch.
We would like to invite energetic and enthusiastic individuals from across academia, civil society, and policy circles, with a passion for social development in Africa, to join and grow our newly established Africa branch.
Visit the website to read more about the ICSD vision, mission and goals and if these resonate with you, sign up to be a member of our Africa branch by following this link which will take you directly to the registration page.
New members joining the Africa branch will receive a 50% discount on the membership fee, meaning a charge of only 15 US Dollars. Please use the code AFRICA50 when signing up.
Membership benefits include:
- Reduced fees for biennial world conferences/ congresses.
- Access to the Social Development Issues journal.
- Access to a worldwide network of social development scholars, educators, and practitioners.
- Eligibility to post job announcements, conference flyers, etc. on the ICSD website as well as on our social media accounts.
The newly launched Africa branch of the International Consortium for Social Development (ICSD) will be hosting its inaugural colloquium from 14 – 15 March 2023 in Johannesburg. The colloquium will be hosted as an intimate in-person gathering of eminent social development experts from across the African continent. The colloquium will be held under the theme:
When Crises Collide: Social Development Responses to Intersecting Crises in Africa
The Colloquium aspires to bring together eminent social development scholars, activists, practitioners or policymakers in Africa to:
- Showcase what new and cutting-edge insights and solutions you are researching, implementing, and evaluating;
- Engage with other leading social development thinkers and practitioners on the continent;
- Network with other social development stakeholders; and
- Build the ICSD Africa Branch.
Register to attend HERE.
Latest News| View All News
Where do we draw the line at acceptable and ethical…
Professor Letlhokwa George Mpedi is the Vice-Chancellor and Principal of
Rooskrantz secures World Champs qualification with silver medal at African…
Second-year University of Johannesburg (UJ) student, Caitlin Rooskrantz, has qualified
Celebrating research excellence: Four UJ finalists in NSTF-South32 Awards
The finalists in the 2022/2023 National Science and Technology Forum
UJ’s Community Engagement Unit empowers communities with Financial Literacy skills
The University of Johannesburg’s (UJ) Community Engagement (CE) Unit, within