UJ Alumni Network
The UJ Alumni Network is committed to helping you to maintain contact with the University and its worldwide community and to keeping you informed and engaged. It provides a range of opportunities for you to stay involved and contribute to the life of our University.
The involvement of alumni is crucial to the health and strength of UJ. Alumni provide important ties between the past and the present, but also building blocks for the future. The Alumni Network helps to serve alumni needs and encourage their involvement and support.
The UJ Alumni Network identifies with the University’s positioning and transformation processes. Its structures will therefore reflect the demographic profile of our alumni; and its activities will support specific values and principles.
The UJ Alumni Network is committed to being socially relevant, not only for the University, but for the broader community. It underwrites the vision and mission of UJ.
Who qualifies to be UJ Alumni?
- All holders of degrees and diplomas for curricular courses of UJ and also honorary degrees;
- All holders of official (SAQA-accredited) certificates of UJ;
- All alumni of the former Rand Afrikaans University (RAU) and Technikon Witwatersrand (TWR).
It is important for you to understand what alumni means as well as the different forms of alumni.
- Alumnus is a male singular, who has graduated from an institute of higher learning.
- Alumna is a female singular, who has graduated from an institute of higher learning.
- Alumnae is plural for females who have graduated from an institute of higher learning.
- Alumni is the collective term for both genders who have graduated from an institute of higher learning.
- Pre-Alumni is the collective term for students that are still on the journey to obtain their qualification from an institute of higher learning.
For access card renewal, new applications or lost cards click here
For current alumni benefits click here